CHILD TRAVELLING ALONE
Children from 8-12 years can travel alone on our coach buses. They can safely take a one-way trip between two stations with ticket offices.
Make sure you will have the time to fill out the form Child travelling alone when purchasing their ticket. At this point, you will need to show a valid piece of identity (child’s name and date of birth) and indicate who will be picking up the child at their destination.
- • Fill out a form. Plan on arriving one hour prior to departure.
- • Accompany the child until the coach bus departs.
- • Ensure that the office in the town of arrival will be open when the child arrives.
- • Ensure that the child arrives at their destination before 11 pm.
- • Do not have the child travel alone at night or if departure is uncertain.
- • Give the child the form Child travelling alone once it has been filled out.
TRAVELLING IN A WHEELCHAIR
- • If you use a wheelchair for travel, please advise us at least three days prior to your departure by calling our customer service at 1-888-872-5525 to ensure that the bus in service will be equipped with a platform lift.
- • If you are able to climb the stairs on the bus and have a manual wheelchair, there is no need to notify us in advance. Arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your departure and we will put your wheelchair in the luggage compartment.
MAKE SURE YOUR THREE- OR FOUR-WHEELED ELECTRIC SCOOTER MEETS THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- • Maximum platform dimensions: 119 cm x 76 cm (47 in. x 30 in.)
- • Maximum weight: 272 kg (600 pounds) including the passenger.
- • The chair must be equipped with tie-down grommets allowing it to be anchored to the bus floor.
Please note that the driver is not authorised to lift you or your chair, or to expend any physical effort that may lead to injury. As well, they must fasten the safety belt provided by the bus manufacturer. The wheelchair’s safety belt is not sufficient.
Oxygen tanks are permitted for people with respiratory difficulties.
Are you travelling with young children or do you get around with the help of a cane, a walker, or any other mobility aid? Arrive at least 30 minutes prior to departure for priority boarding. We will be happy to assist you.
Do you have a companion card for the province of Quebec [une carte québécoise à l’accompagnement], a medical certificate stating that you live with a permanent disability which prevents you from travelling alone?
Your support person can travel free of charge on board our buses as long as the disability is permanent and you are not under 8 years of age.
How do I obtain a companion card?
Fill out the form or communicate directly with the Bus Carriers Federation at 1 844-476-8181.
Trained guide dogs and service dogs fulfill essential needs. They are welcome on board our vehicles! However, you cannot reserve a seat for them. Your dog will need to lay on the floor during travel.
Let us know in advance for priority boarding. We will ensure your comfort. As such, the seat next to yours will be the last to be filled, depending on seat availability.
Would you like to travel with your bike on board our buses? It’s simple! Thanks to the messaging service Expedibus, you can either expedite your bicycle or travel with it stored in the luggage compartment.
- • Take your bicycle apart (front wheel removed and handlebars turned) and go to the Expedibus office in a station. A form will be filled out by an Expedibus agent. We offer insurance coverage up to $1,000.
- • There is a mandatory bicycle transportation fee of $5 for a one-way trip.
- • You must wrap your bike (wrapping provided for $10 plus tax). You may use your own transportation bag if your bike is foldable and fits inside it.
- • Pick up your bike when you get off the bus.
- • For connections, the bicycle will be taken care of by the Expedibus messaging service and the driver will ensure its transfer.
• Each passenger may have 2 bags in the luggage compartment and 1 handbag.
• The handbag must be placed in an overhead compartment in the bus. It cannot be kept on a seat or in the central aisle.
• All luggage must be identified.
• During a connection, each passenger is responsible for transferring their bags.
• Strollers and infant seats are not considered luggage. A parent therefore has the right to two bags in the luggage compartment and a handbag as well as these items.
• Musical instruments are considered luggage. Pack them carefully for protection.
• Sporting equipment such as golf clubs, skis, fishing rods, snowboards, skateboards, etc. are considered luggage. Pack them carefully for protection.
LOST OR DAMAGED ITEMS OR BAGS
Have you or your child lost an item or a bag on one of our buses? Please advise the driver or an agent as soon as possible so they can write up a report.
TO MAKE A CLAIM
Gather the following information:
- • Your ticket or the receipt from your trip, or the confirmation email from your ticket purchase.
- • A copy of the report written by the driver or the agent.
- • In the case of a lost bag, a detailed description of your luggage.
- • In the case of a damaged bag, a description of the luggage with supporting photos.
Send all of this to customer service within 30 days using our contact form or by calling 1-888-872-5525. Compensation requires proof of your trip.
You have a maximum of 15 days to claim your luggage.